1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
i have a scar above my left eye. i cracked my head open when i was nine. it hurt. it also severed a nerve in my eyebrow.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
nothing right now. but then, it's not my apartment.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
i definitely talk in my sleep. and i clinch my teeth also.
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
just about everything...but i don't really like country (except for johnny cash and willie nelson)
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
actually i do. i was born at 2.16 pm. i know that because my mother calls all of us on our birthdays at the exact time we were born.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
8. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
my photographs, bible, and computer
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
yes i do. in crowds and crowded elevators
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
my boss at work.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PERFUME FOR A GIRL?
burberry brit and anna sui.
14. WHAT HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
i'm not really picky, but i do love green eyes. and brown eyes.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO?
anywhere outside. or someplace pretty.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
coffee every time. or tea.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA?
homemade bbq chicken pizza
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
why would i do that?
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
when i was in kindergarten, the boy i liked gave me a crayon. does that count?
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
i like lots of anybodys. i call them friends.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
yes i am. my elbows are double jointed.
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
hmmm...i wear a giant mish-mosh of different stuff. nothing specific.
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
i DO! i have a precious puppy named tucker.
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
a dog. a doxen.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON WOULD LEAVE?
i don't understand this question. he would be going away, or what?
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
spending quality time together.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
fifteen. or seven. (i said them both. i'm a rebel.)
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
i'm not picky. i've been both.
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL MOST OFTEN?
i don't want to list one.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
inconsistency in people. (aka when people say they're going to do something, and then don't follow up.)
pet peeve--wet socks
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
i have lots.
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
37. FIRST JOB?
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
oh yeah. they were huge in middle school.
39. FAVORITE COLORS?
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
picking up my new passport.
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
my eyes. and my purse (oddly enough).
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
yep. for 6 years.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
i don't know. lots of hugs!
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
i don't know. maybe 3 or 4.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
i'm named after a song. and my middle name is my meemaw's maiden name.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
i did when i was little.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
sometimes. i change it a lot.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
53.WHAT IS THE MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON YOUR SHELF?
amy grant. heart in motion. (it's the first one i ever bought.)
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
yeah. what kind of person wouldn't?
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
to a degree they do.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
with a good RRRRRR...
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
right now, in santa monica.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
i had a wuzzle i loved when i was little. i also loved my strawberry shortcake bike.
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
i have no idea. a lot.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A KID?
i was too old for barney when it was new.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
i think a little too much.
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY?
a man who loves Jesus, has pretty eyes, and likes books & music & movies.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
aimes, allie, mimi
67. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BAND/SINGER?
singer--otis redding, jack johnson, glen hansard, damien rice, ray lamontagne
band--black keys, belle & sebastian, foo fighters, old 97s
68. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
gilmore girls, acl, entourage, heroes
69. WHAT WAS YOUR ACT/SAT SCORE?
1260; i didn't take the act
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
74. WHATS THE FASTEST YOU HAVE GONE IN A CAR?
probably about 100 mph.
75. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
breathless by corrine bailey rae
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
80. LAST TEXT YOU GOT?
what is up in dee house?
81. FAVORITE THING TO HAVE?
intellegence. and grace.
82. FAVORITE SEASON(S)?
83. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN?
i don't have one. i'm a scorpio, but i don't fit the profile, so i've never paid too much attention to it.
84. WHO IS YOUR HERO?
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
right now, a reddish brown color with a few highlights underneath.
86. EYE COLOR?
87. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
college football. and ice dancing....just kidding. i do love college football though. and some mlb.
89. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
oh yes i do. but my friends give me a hard time about it.
91.LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
halloween! it's two holidays in one! (my birthday too!)
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
not really. i play some mean air drums though.
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
neither. i don't pick just one.
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
ooooooh. i love both.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
98. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
2002 nissan xterra
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
persuasion by jane austen
100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE IN ONE WORD.
29 July 2007
So, I'm going to try to keep up with some blogging now that life is settling down a little more. I think this will help people to keep up with me a little more too, since I've become a bit of a closed book lately.
Living in Los Angeles has been a whole new experience. I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about me. I list those things seperately because I have changed while living here. I can't describe it exactly, but I came into this city one way, and I am leaving a different way. Here's a little bit about what my life has been like though since I moved here....
1. work. I am working in a small office with about 15 other people...I am starting to finish up an internship in the Wine Department of Christie's. It has been a hard/fun process of learning about the auction industry. It's funny, but I have learned more about the client service department than the wine department. I have spent my time working in a freezing cold warehouse, eating mysterious food with Walker at that Thai food place in the Valley, creating endless spreadsheets, laughing endlessly about I Love Lucy and SNL with Naveen, fearing failure, and sending silly emails while sitting next to the recepient at the front desk. I hope that I will leave the office at the end of the summer with some great friends. I have certainly enjoyed my time there, and I can't imagine having spent my summer working anywhere else.
2. my apartment. Finding a place to live in Los Angeles was a bit of a struggle. The girl that hired me at Christie's told me that Craigslist was the best place to look for an apartment, and I didn't know how that was going to work out. Who knows what kind of crazys I was going to find while looking for an apartment?! I was a little nervous. I started looking at ads on Craigslist, and was a bit discouraged at what I had found...or not found rather....but I was hopeful!! So, I kept looking, even after finding several people that discouraged substance abuse problems, but supported occasional use, as long as it was shared! haha...But, nonetheless, I finally found an apartment. I wanted to live in Santa Monica, because I simply love the beach, and it was tricky to find a place, but I hit the jackpot! I love where I live. I can see the pier and the ocean from my living room and my bedroom, and I am high enough off the ground that I get a great breeze all the time. It's just too good! There are a few drawbacks, like the constant sirens on Ocean Avenue, and the overwhelming incense/weed smell coming from neighbor's apartments....but it just adds character I guess...haha. In the end, it is such a fun place to live...I can walk everywhere in the neighborhood (the promenade, the pier, the beach, the library, the movie theater, anthropologie, etc...). And there is always more awaiting me to explore! Who couldn't love that?!!!
3. weather. It doesn't rain here!!! I don't understand that. I know that LA is part of a desert, but this is just silly! I miss the RAIN!!! It's one of my favorite things, and there is none of that here! oh my! But the cooler weather is such a nice change from Texas!!
4. traffic. There is some serious traffic in this city. And when I say that there is traffic, there is TRAFFIC!!! Oh my goodness. While I love the city, it is a real trying thing to get to work in the mornings...it's tough. People are just crazy on the road. And what's worse is that they all drive really nice cars too, which makes it a little tougher, because I don't want to hit a pretty, fancy car with my older clunkier suv! It's a delicate balance to get there everyday! However, I do get to work in one of the prettiest areas in Los Angeles. Every tourist in LA tries to make it to Beverly Hills and walk down Rodeo Drive, and I do it every day. I think I might be starting to take that for granted....uh oh!
5. things that make me laugh. I love seeing things here that are outrageous! It just makes me smile. Sometimes, I'll be at the front desk at work, and some paparazzi will run full speed past the doors and be shooting pictures at the same time. Other times, I'll walk by that big shiny torso on Rodeo and just laugh at the fact that tons of people drive by a big shiny butt everyday....haha! I watched some man take a picture of me and my friend Lindsey the other day from one of those Beverly Hills trolley things...I guess he thought we were famous? Who knows....but it made me laugh. The Bubble Man on the beach here in Santa Monica...he always makes me laugh....but I haven't seen him lately....that doesn't make me laugh. The moon...it moves do quickly at night here...that makes me smile with a bit of confusion.
That's all I have for now, but you just enjoy that for now...it's been a long time coming!