28 January 2006

yesterday was the greatest..

yesterday i got to spend the morning with one of my favorite people...mr. dan braswell.
he is just the absolute greatest. we got to just have a meal and hang out, but it was such a great day!!! i miss him. a bunch. he's just one of those people that i can never spend too much time with. and that makes me miss my other friends too. friends that live too far away. sad. but i'll see them soon!!!
on another note, i also got to talk to lauren yesterday about life. that's always good! she puts things in perspective for me, and that never hurts. we got to have a good talk just about how life is going and the future. i can honestly say that i'm really enjoying thinking about what God has in store for me in the future. i've been reading this book by donald miller called through painted deserts, and i have to say that it's really giving me a different point of view...or should i say that through the book, God is giving me a different view about life and my future...so anyways, i'm not going to leave a song today, but rather a quote from him...possibly one of my favorite quotes right now. i love you all, and if you're moving around, be safe! kisses

"It might be time for you to go. It might be time to change, to shine out. I want to repeat one word for you: Leave. Roll the word around on your tongue for a bit. It is a beautiful word, isn't it? So strong and forceful, the way you have always wanted to be. And you will not be alone. You have never been alone. Don't worry. Everything will still be here when you get back. It is you who will have changed."

No comments: