06 January 2010

christmas lights!!!!

6 january 2010

inspiration: people who leave their christmas lights up later than new years day
location: all over
thing I love: um, festive-ness

Yes. I'm one of them. I leave my Christmas lights up longer than New Years' Day. Partly because I was out of town, and partly because I feel like we need to be more festive and creative throughout the year. Don't worry, I'm taking them down today, but I want you to know that this picture was taken far before Christmas, letting me know that people are just not as holly jolly as they used to be.



So SO SOOOOOO sad. I feel like people are more bah humbug throughout the year than they used to be. Just try to find a parking space at the Galleria on any weekend day, and you'll know what I mean. Or see the way that people treat the homeless in downtown Houston or at a freeway overpass. Let's remember how transformed Scrooge was after his visit from the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future. He says, "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." I think Charles Dickens was a smart man, inspiring masses to think beyond just a season of giving, and spread that joy and love year round.

So keep those Christmas lights out a little longer. Inspire someone else to keep Christmas with them all year long!

No comments: