16 May 2010

bueller?.....bueller?.....bueller?....


so i little while ago, i wrote about john hughes movies. i love them. they are the best rainy day/sunday afternoon/sick day movies in the world. one of my favorites is ferris bueller's day off. if case you've been living on mars and have never seen it, the story goes like this:


a high school dude decides the weather is just too nice to go to school. so, he creates pretty much the best day off ever, including singing in a parade, driving a ferrari, going to a cubs game, eating at one of the most exclusive restaurants in chicago, going to the art institute, and almost getting busted all day by his crotchety principal and his sister. so in tribute to the brilliance of ferris, and john hughes by extension, i'm going to post some pics and quotes that are my favorites! so enjoy, and just so you know, 'life moves pretty fast. if you don't stop to look around every once and a while, you could miss it.'
"The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school." 


"Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we'd like to play a little tune for you. It's one of my personal favorites and I'd like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today - Cameron Frye, this one's for you."


"Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude." 
Mrs. Bueller: I just picked up Jeannie at the police station! She got a speeding ticket, another speeding ticket, and I lost the Vermont deal because of her!
Mr. Bueller: I think we should shoot her. 


"Gummi bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft."

Excuse me: if whoever was in this house is still in the house, I'd like you to know that I've just called the police. I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* case of herpes. 

"There is an intruder - male, Caucasian, possibly armed, certainly weird - in my kitchen... M-my-my-my name is Bueller...Look, it's real nice that you hope my brother is feeling better, but I'm in danger, okay? I am very cute, very alone and very protective of my body. I don't want it violated or killed, all right? I need help! Speaka de English?"

No comments: