19 July 2010

you guys give up, or you thirsty for more??!!!

alright...i feel like i've been on a movie kick lately, but whatever. it's entertaining, and this one is part of a series, so here goes.
so i little while ago, i wrote about john hughes movies. i love them, and in fact, this is the third installment of my favorites... they are the best rainy day/sunday afternoon/sick day movies in the world. one of my other favorites is home alone. if case you've been 'cast away' living and have somehow missed it, the story goes like this:




an 8 year-old boy wakes up on christmas morning to find that his family is gone. he thinks he has made them disappear after being a pain in his tushie, but in all actuality, they have left for family vacation without him...and they don't realize it until they're on the plane over the ocean. so the rest of the movie contains his struggle to make some petty burglars leave his house alone, his mother trying to make it home to get back to him, and the continued mystery of the man with the snow shovel. now, i know its july, and it's not christmas, but just work with me people. i love this movie so much....i'm even watching it right now...



"buzz, your girlfriend, woof!"
"look what you did you little jerk."
"keep the change, you filthy animal."
"a lovely cheese pizza, just for me."
"This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone." (just think about it. you'll get there.)
"I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap; including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button which I never did before but sort of enjoyed. I washed my hair with adult formula shampoo and used cream rinse for that just-washed shine. I can't seem to find my toothbrush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm in good shape."


kevin: Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association? 

lady: Well, I don't know. It doesn't say, hon. 

kevin: Well, could you please find out?

kate mccallister: This is *Christmas*. The season of perpetual hope. And I don't care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike. If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son. 
"Ma'am, I'm eight years old. You think I would be here *alone*? I don't think so."
"Marv,  I think we're getting scammed by a kindergartener." 
kevin: I wish my grandparents did that. They always send me clothes. Last year I got a sweater with a big bird knitted on it. marley: That's nice. kevin: Not for a guy in the second grade. You can get beat up for wearing something like that. Yeah, I had a friend who got nailed because there was a rumor he wore dinosaur pajamas. 
"Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."


Kate: Have you ever gone on vacation and left your child home?
Gus Polinski (John Candy): No. But i did leave one at a funeral parlor once. Yeah, it was terrible too. Uh, we were all distraught, and me and the wife left the little tike there in the funeral parlor, all day. You know, all day. When we went back, when we came to our senses, and there he was. Apparently, he was there all day alone with a corpse. Pfff, he was okay. You know, after like six, seven weeks. Came around, started talking again. But he's ok, you know, they get over it. Kids are resilient like that. 
Kate: Maybe we shouldn't talk about this.
Gus Polinski (John Candy): Well, you brought it up. I was just, you know, trying to cheer you up.
Kate: I know. I'm sorry I did.


(p.s. all photos were found on public domain websites...for info, just search yahoo images for home alone movie)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you're tired of working for others, they do not pay you what you deserve for your effort.
And just because they have more money....
You mistreated for years in the same company.
You no longer have time for you,
Your life is worn every day and your youth is lost in time.
Other people succeed around you and you're still the same with the same.
The same woman, same house, same old usual self.
You strive for your children and they pay you wrong., Not know what you have suffered for their welfare.
It's time to be free to travel where you want, buy what you want, buy the woman or man you want.
It is time to change your body and get it to your liking.
No worries, no worries, with vitality and health regardless of your current age.
It is part of our New Order.
Sell your soul to Lucifer and all have.

http://www.thornypath.net/

bankofsouls@yandex.com